Write a Great Email
Make it personal. Share your story and explain why you are involved in our cause.
Keep it short and sweet. Enough said.
Give them the facts (about the Tour de Pier). People are more likely to donate to something they understand. We all know the cancer facts speak for themselves, let people hear what we are fighting.
- Since 2013, we have raised more than $7.3 million for cancer causes
- The Hirshberg Foundation, founded in 1997, is devoted to finding a cure for pancreatic cancer
- The Cancer Support Community offers all of their services for free
- The Uncle Kory Foundation is dedicated to empower and inspire all people affected by cancer, with a focus on brain cancer
- Glioblastomas (GBM) are the most dangerous and aggressive form of brain cancer
- Since 1987, the Cancer Support Community has been serving Redondo Beach, so that no one faces cancer alone
- Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest of all cancers
Ask! What makes this email important is that you are asking them to act. Don't just tell them what you're doing; tell them you need their help (by joining your team, sponsoring you, or coming to cheer you on people love an action item!). Give clear instruction on how they can help and be sure to include your fundraising page link.
Keep track. Emails sent through your Fundraising Headquarters can be easily tracked. This way you will get to see who has or has not donated.
Be prepared to send a reminder. A lot people will get your email and plan on helping, but then forget about it or lose the email. The best way to send a gentle reminder is to give updates. Tell them how things are going and how far you have come, but how much more you can do with their help. Reminder emails can often be more successful than original emails.
Send out thank-you's. It is really nice to receive a note that says that your donation was important. Let them know all you accomplished and that you appreciated their support. A good thank-you card brightens anyone's day, and makes your donors more willing to give again in the future!
Add it to your email! Those emails you spend all day sending? They can help you raise awareness and hit your fundraising goal. Here’s an example that you can add to your email signature today!
I’m riding in place to move charity forward for cancer research & support at the Tour de Pier!
Learn more, sign up to ride or donate at www.tourdepier.com
Facebook | Instagram
Click here to download and add this image to your email signature!
A picture is worth a thousand words. Include an image that helps share your story when asking for support.