LA Cancer Challenge Teams are at the heart of LACC. Families celebrating survivors and honoring the memory of a loved one is what makes this event so special. Help raise awareness and fund research by creating an LACC team for family and friends, employees and colleagues or a team for your school!
- A team is made up of 5 or more members
- Great for families and friends, schools, businesses, organizations and community groups
- Teams can be formed to celebrate a survivor, honor a loved one, encourage health and fitness and more
- Every team has a team page where you can share your story and fundraise as a group.
Build Community. Energize & Inspire. Make a Difference.
Boost team spirit amongst employees, encourage workplace giving and inspire your community by starting a company team! Corporate Teams are a great way for your business to get their name out there, reach our audience of supporters and show off your philanthropic side. Create a team today and get a Team Page where you can add your logo, company description and fundraising goal. We’ll provide the tools to make it easy for everyone to become champions for a cure!
To help get your team started and ensure it’s a success, we can provide:
- A Team discount code for groups of 10 or more
- Team Posters to place in your office, break room, or lobby
- A Team Tent for top fundraising teams
- Bonus: Sponsorship opportunities for brand exposure and cause marketing
We'll award an awesome trophy to the Largest Corporate Team and the Highest Fundraising Corporate Team. Plus, all corporate team members are eligible for all the great fundraising prizes and winners awards that LACC has to offer!
Student teams encourage fitness, fun and add spirit to the LACC experience for our younger crowd! Students or schools can honor someone special, train for a race, or simply enjoy LACC activities together. We'll also award an awesome plaque to the Largest Student Team.
- A Team discount code (kids under 18) groups of 10 or more
- Team Posters to share at school
- A Team Tent for top fundraising teams
- Walk/Run the 5K and volunteer to earn hours
Did you know that there are many fun and exciting ways to show off your team's spirit at this year's LA Cancer Challenge? Below are a couple fun ideas you can utilize to spruce up the look of your team or family.
Doug, LACC Team Captain Mentor
We want to help you make the most of your team. Our friend and long-time LACC team captain, Doug Atkin, is our Team Captain Mentor. Doug has been a team captain since the very first LACC back in 1998. As the leader of Team Heather & TEN & Families & Friends, he has been a dedicated supporter of our event and a passionate fundraiser. Doug is available to help you grow your team and make the most out of your commitment to be a team captain! If you have questions or need suggestions, contact him at LACCTeams@pancreatic.org.
Here are a couple tools to make team recruitment easier than ever! Select one of our team posters - you have the option of customizing it with photos and a story or keep it simple with your team name and a link to sign up. Put it up at work, hand it out in your local community or share it with friends, family and co-workers. You can also send one of our sample emails (accessible when you log in to your Participant Center). These tools are sure to help you grow your team!
We provide the pumpkins, markers, and purple ribbons, so all the kids have to do is use their imagination to create a special momento representing their love for the LA Cancer Challenge!
Create a square for Memory Banner. Squares will be sewn together into a banner that is displayed in the Expo. New squares are added each year.
- Decorate any 13 inch x 13 inch piece of fabric (cotton, cotton blend or woven cotton only please)
- Leave a 1 inch border around all sides that is free of all decoration (decorated area is 12 inch x 12 inch)
- You can iron-on a photo, draw a picture, decorate with stencils, buttons, fabric paints, etc.
- Mail square to us: 2990 S. Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 300C, Los Angeles, CA 90064 by October 10, 2020.
*Aren't crafty? Give us your Team T-Shirt and we will add it to our quilt!
Celebrating survivors and honoring loved ones is the most beloved part of the LA Cancer Challenge. Our annual Team Captain Tribute Video shines a light on all of our wonderful teams and the loved ones we walk or run for. Don’t miss this opportunity for your team to be included. If you’re unable to attend you can still participate! Make a short and sweet video from home using your smart phone the deadline is September 30th. Check out these simple instructions to get started.