Company Matching Gifts
One of the smartest ways to give is through a matching gift program, where a company, or individual, will match donations to charitable organizations. These matches are often dollar for dollar, which doubles your charitable donation power!
1. Check with your company’s human resources or payroll department to see whether it offers a matching gift program.
2. As for donation guidelines and a list of eligible charities if your company does offer a matching gift program (also ask if charities can be added and what is needed for that process).
3. Watch for matching opportunities through community or Internet fund-raising efforts if your company doesn’t offer a matching gift program.
4. Decide how much you want to donate to your organization.
5. Donate through the matching gift program, filling out the appropriate forms to ensure that the match is donated.