LA Cancer Challenge Teams are at the heart of LACC. Families celebrating survivors and honoring the memory of a loved one is what makes this event so special. Help raise awareness and fund research by creating an LACC team for family and friends, employees and colleagues or a team for your school!
- A team is made up of 5 or more members
- Great for families and friends, schools, businesses, organizations and community groups
- Teams can be formed to celebrate a survivor, honor a loved one, encourage health and fitness and more
- Every team has a team page where you can share your story and fundraise as a group.
Build Community. Energize & Inspire. Make a Difference.
Boost team spirit amongst employees, encourage workplace giving and inspire your community by starting a company team! Corporate Teams are a great way for your business to get their name out there, reach our audience of supporters and show off your philanthropic side. Create a team today and get a Team Page where you can add your logo, company description and fundraising goal. We’ll provide the tools to make it easy for everyone to become champions for a cure!
To help get your team started and ensure it’s a success, we can provide:
- A Team discount code for groups of 10 or more
- Team Posters to place in your office, break room, or lobby
- A Team Tent for top fundraising teams
- Bonus: Sponsorship opportunities for brand exposure and cause marketing
We'll award an awesome trophy to Corporate Team of the year! Plus, all corporate team members are eligible for all the great fundraising prizes and winners awards that LACC has to offer.
Student teams encourage fitness, fun and add spirit to the LACC experience for our younger crowd! Students or schools can honor someone special, train for a race, or simply enjoy LACC activities together.
- Team Posters to share at school
- A Team Tent for top fundraising teams
- Walk/Run the 5K and volunteer to earn hours
For more information and to start a team, email Elissa
Team Tents are a special space reserved inside the Fit Family Expo to thank you for all your hard work. It’s a great place to hang out with team members, grab a quick snack, and enjoy a great view of the stage festivities.
The top 10 fundraising teams* will receive a complimentary Team Tent in the Fit Family Expo with a custom vinyl banner with your team name on it!
The Top Fundraising Team & The Largest Team* will receive a VIP-sized tent with custom banner, premium location and 2 VIP parking spaces.
**Winning teams are based on online fundraising statistics through Sunday, October 24, 2021. Winning teams will be notified on Monday, October 25, 2021. Team tents are non-transferable.
We award plaques to the fastest 3 teams in the 5K. Team scores are based on the fastest combined times of the top 5 finishers per team. Good luck!
Get creative, be colorful and show your team pride for a chance to win the BEST TEAM SPIRIT CONTEST! Prize details coming soon!
Did you know that there are many fun and exciting ways to show off your team's spirit at this year's LA Cancer Challenge? Below are a couple fun ideas you can utilize to spruce up the look of your team or family.
Here are a couple tools to make team recruitment easier than ever! Select one of our team posters - you have the option of customizing it with photos and a story or keep it simple with your team name and a link to sign up. Put it up at work, hand it out in your local community or share it with friends, family and co-workers. You can also send one of our sample emails (accessible when you log in to your Participant Center). These tools are sure to help you grow your team!
Visit the Hirshberg Foundation Booth on race morning to fill out a complimentary purple tribute bib to be worn in memory or support of loved ones.
We provide the pumpkins, markers, and purple ribbons, so all the kids have to do is use their imagination to create a special momento representing their love for the LA Cancer Challenge!
Create a square for Memory Banner. Squares will be sewn together into a banner that is displayed in the Expo. New squares are added each year.
- Decorate any 13 inch x 13 inch piece of fabric (cotton, cotton blend or woven cotton only please)
- Leave a 1 inch border around all sides that is free of all decoration (decorated area is 12 inch x 12 inch)
- You can iron-on a photo, draw a picture, decorate with stencils, buttons, fabric paints, etc.
- Mail square to us: 2990 S. Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 300C, Los Angeles, CA 90064 by October 10th.
*Aren't crafty? Give us your Team T-Shirt and we will add it to our quilt!