As we plan for our 2021 Tour de Pier, we remain mindful of protective measures we can take against COVID to protect everyone who chooses to join us at the beach, especially with our immunocompromised community of cancer fighters, cancer survivors and their loved ones. We want to ensure that our riders feel safe; rest assured we will follow all state and local guidelines. To start, we will add increased space between the bikes and implement sanitation procedures before each ride. Besides a great view, riding at the beach also means there will be a flow of natural air for all our riders.
We are grateful for our community and doing all in our power to keep our riders safe.
Tour de Pier will comply with all state and local guidelines, including but not limited to the following:
- Masks are not currently required for outdoor events, but are strongly recommended, per state guidelines. We advise all guests to wear a mask for the safety of our community.
- Asking all guests who feel sick to stay home.
- Demarcations will be in place around bikes to enforce social distancing.
- Bikes will be sanitized in between each session.
- Social distancing requirements will be adhered to, with signage and stage messaging to support our effort.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all participants, staff and volunteers as per the CDC guidelines.
- We will provide ample hand sanitizing stations along with sanitizing wipes.
- We will offer a revised contactless registration system to limit physical interaction.